Steak and Egg Sandwich, Dunkin’ Donuts Copycat

Breakfast Sandwich Rise and shine. How about a steak and egg sandwich? This is a ground steak burger patty on top of a toasted English muffin, with some cheese melted on top, then topped with an over easy fried egg and a couple good shakes of hot sauce. It’s accompanied by some potato wedges that have been salt and peppered, oiled, sprinkled with smoked paprika and roasted.

Dunkin donuts steak and egg sandwich And of course any breakfast sandwich post like this wouldn’t be complete without a runny egg action shot.

I recently started following a blogger from Pennsylvania, Eric over at Happy Valley Chow. A Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management major at Pennsylvania State University with a second in Music Performance in Jazz and Classical saxophone. When he graduates, he wants to open up his own restaurant. I’ve already bookmarked several of his recipes, but this one hit the table this past Sunday. I simply could not resist a steak and egg breakfast sandwich. Thanks for the idea Eric.

Eric made his sandwich because he and his fiance went to Dunkin’ Donuts and had their Angus Steak and Egg sandwich, thought it was good so he recreated it at home.  I googled it and found that Dunkin’ Donuts serve theirs on a bagel or as a wrap. I like Eric’s version much better, and he served his open-faced on toast.

The ground meat is simply seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning and then I pan fried the small burgers in my cast iron. I had to “Colorado Up” my version and add some hot sauce and a few sprinkles of cilantro.

We really liked it. And for a late breakfast, it filled us up until dinner.  Thanks for the idea Eric.

Steak and Egg Sandwich…It’s What’s for a Late Breakfast.

Comments

We loved that steak sandwich Eric. Thanks for the idea. I really think I would like it better on toast, but English Muffins are what I had.

Isn’t it interesting how Eric has set up his recipes? I like it, don’t you? Similar to my Mastercook program.

I must confess, I have never set foot in a Dunkin’ Donuts. Do you believe it? Not being a donut eater/lover, I must investigate their menu. No longer coffee and donuts I guess….they have to keep pace with the competition. This looks delish, Lea Ann; I love that runny egg.

I had to go back over and look. Yes, I like that. Barbara, I’ve never been to a Dunkin Donuts. We googled and found we don’t have any in Denver. Only in Colorado Springs.

I love, love, LOVE the runny fried egg yolks on the steak! My brother is in the restaurant biz and he said that runny yolks are all the rage now in cooking! Too bad my husband only eats scrambled eggs! In answer to your question the other day . . . yes, rotating tomatoes and other veggies is a must and I’m so glad that you mentioned it, because I simply forgot to insert that in my post and edited it last night!. Thanks so much Lea Ann!

One of the things I miss the most about Florida is Dunkin Donuts. I keep hearing that they are opening one in UT, but haven’t seen one.

I used to love their peanut donuts, but I don’t think they even make them anymore because of allergy concerns…

sigh. maybe if I make this I can get enough of a DD fix to hold me until I go visit my family…

We think the closest Dunkin Donuts to us is 60 miles away in Colorado Springs. Their website says new locations are scheduled to open in Denver. I just don’t think we have them here.

I could eat that sandwich every day for breakfast! Love the running egg shot. I don’t do many spice mixes but I do adore the Montreal Steak seasoning mix.

I love steak and egg sandwiches.. and bacon and egg.. and egg and cheese…. mmmmmmm!!!! Looks fantastic, Lea Ann!!

This looks fantastic and what a great shot of the runny egg. Without a doubt we would love this. You know it’s been so long since I’ve been in a Dunkin’ Donuts that I didn’t realize they served this kind of food for breakfast.

There’s a restaurant here that serves a burger bun with two Crispy Creme donuts as the buns. I’ve not had the nerve to order it.

Well dunk my donut and call me Sally!

This sounds like a great brunch item. We did a prime brisket hash topped with runny egg yolk action on Sunday, having it for brunch and dinner, lol.