Just a quick recipe post, which reflects my hectic work schedule for the past couple weeks. Not a lot of time to cook…darnit. :) Hooray for the upcoming 3-day weekend. This quick and easy fish taco recipe comes together in a flash.
I keep a package of Tilapia Filets in the freezer for those days when I drag home from work and just don’t have the gumption to cook. Or the energy to choose a restaurant and fight the lines. Or make the decision about which fast food take-out joint would be less toxic to our health.
Just place two frozen tilapia filets in the refrigerator in the morning before you leave for work and they’re thawed by the time you get home and with a little slicing, a quick dusting with flour and sautee, you’re enjoying fish tacos before you know it.
- 2 tilapia fillets, cut into strips
- ½ cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes
- 2 T. olive oil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup pico de gallo (or jarred salsa)
- 4 corn tortilla shells, warmed
- 1½ cups shredded cabbage (or lettuce)
- Garnishes: cheese, lime, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium high. Coat strips of tilapia in seasoned flour. Saute fish strips until browned and cooked through, turning once. (about 5 - 10 minues)
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix sour cream with 2 Tablespoons salsa.
- Divide fish evenly among tortillas and top with shredded cabbage or lettuce, sour cream and pico-de-gallo (or salsa).
Quick and Easy Fish Tacos…It’s What’s for Dinner.