Chinook Tavern

With warm decor, great service and wonderful food, we’ve fallen in love with Chinook Tavern. Located in Greenwood Village, it’s a perfect place to entertain clients for lunch, or great for a special evening out. Be prepared for a welcoming comfortable and memorable dining experience. Let’s take a look.

Fabulous atmosphere. Airy, spacious and inviting, the high ceilings, and warm wood welcome you into the beautifully designed dining rooms.

The walls are brightly enhanced by owner Lieselotte Georg’s whimsical, colorful artwork.  Everywhere you look you’ll find canvasses dancing with reds, purples and happy yellows.

The colors of this unique backlit bar match the excitement of Ms. Gerog’s artwork. And with black bar stools, and black high top tables, it’s a gathering area glowing with atmosphere.

The food from the kitchen is every bit as warm as the decor. German born, trained at the Culinary Institute of Hyde Park, Chef Markus Georg has crafted a menu featuring a line of dishes inspired by classic European cuisine. You’ll find traditional Jaeger Schnitzel along with clever contemporary dishes.

For lunch we started with Steamed Prince Edward Island Mussels in a coconut curry lemon grass broth served with artisan grilled flat bread.

I ordered the Farmers Salad: house cut smoked apple wood bacon, hard boiled egg, petite tomato, with Amish Gorgonzola and Champagne vinaigrette. Topped with blackened shrimp, it was a delicious lunch.

Co-worker Coey and client Carl, ordered the special that day, house made pasta, with scallops and shrimp in a Pomodoro sauce, sprinkled with perfect little clover leaves. You must save room for their house made desserts. We split the tirimisu fortressed in sheets of rich dark chocolate. Exquisite.

We found Chinook Tavern to be casual, fun and a culinary treat. When Hubs and I returned for lunch, he ordered the Jaeger Schniztel which was divine. When we inquired whether it was pork or veal, we were informed they served pork or lunch and veal for dinner.

Everything about Chinook Tavern is impressive.  So glad to have them on the South side of town.
Chinook Tavern on Urbanspoon

Chinook Tavern  on Urbanspoon

Comments

What a great place you found there! It looks amazing and the food looks even better!!

P.S… don’t worry about the award write up – I totally understand about being busy, just want you to know I think you have a fabulous blog!!

What a great write up Lea Ann! I was unaware of the Chinook Tavern until reading about Kirsten’s visit for the white asparagus and now yours. You’ve really brought it to the forefront with all the details and wonderful photos!

Okay, add this to the list for my next visit. That menu sounds to-die-for-good! And I love their wood floors and those adorable little round lights. What a nice write up!

Well I guess this would have to do in a pinch. The place looks a little run down (ha ha ha ha, just kidding). Great looking establishment and the menu sounds divine.

Isn’t Marcus’ food great! I was lucky enough to celebrate Oktoberfest in Munich with him and other Paulaner friends – so glad they finally got this place opened back up! It’s better than the original!

Hi Lea Ann, wonder how I missed this post. One of my favorite, too, especially since it is German owned. We watch our German soccer games there and meet for German Stammtisch. Here is my post about it.
    I am still in the middle of photographing Markus’s dishes. We are almost done with the lunch menu. Love his food, especially since I get to taste everything after the shoot.
    Don’t miss out on their special outdoor event on the patio every Thursday night. With DJ and great drinks. Tell Clemens “Hello” from me.

• Lea Ann says

How did you miss that post????? And I didn’t notice or I would have sent a scolding email. :) I adore that place Kirsten. I did see your post about the spargel. I ordered it for lunch one day and was told they only had it on the dinner menu … darnit.