Herbed Mashed Potatoes, my side dish for Roasted Lamb with Garlic sherry and thyme au jus..
Is there a more perfect and delicious side dish than creamy, fluffy, buttery mashed potatoes? So when I saw this recipe for mashed potatoes with herbs added, I said “why?”. Why would one ever fiddle with perfection?
I fiddled and will be inclined to fiddle in the future. These potatoes were tasty and I must admit it was a delicious pairing with the strong flavors of the lamb and broth. This was the side dish that Williams and Sonoma Complete Entertaining Guide suggested for the meal. Let’s take a look.
- 6 large potatoes (peeled)
- 1 C. milk product of your choice (I used 2%)
- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and mash until desired consistency.
Herbed Mashed Potatoes…It’s What’s For A Side Dish