Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime and Chipotle Aioli

Lucky us.  Right before Christmas a new olive oil tasting bar and store opened up in downtown Littleton. EVOO Marketplace is located right next door to Savory Spice Shop and is packed full of shiny stainless steel vats of clever and exotic infused oils and vinegars. They offer an aged balsamic that I could chug from the bottle.  It’s omg good. I’m going to write more about it soon, but for now wanted to share a little something I dreamed up after I grabbed a bottle of their chipotle infused olive oil.

Grilling weather inspired shelled and deveined shrimp to appear on wooden skewers. The shrimp were tossed in a generous amount of EVOO Marketplace chipotle infused oil and some salt and pepper.

I fired up the grill and simply charred them until no longer opaque, served them over some fresh greens, and then drizzled with a cilantro, lime chipotle aioli. Easy and delicious.

I’m  impressed that the smoky flavor of the oil prevailed on the shrimp, even after a brief visit with the hot flames from the grill.  And a tablespoon added to the aioli with the strong flavor of lime and cilantro proved it to be a flavorful star. Let’s take a look.

5.0 from 4 reviews
Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime, Chipotle Aioli

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

An easy grilled shrimp recipe
Author:
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • For the shrimp:
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined and peeled
  • 2 T. Chipotle infused Olive Oil
  • For the Aioli:
  • 1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed and sliced
  • 1 t. sugar
  • ⅓ C. Mayo
  • salt/pepper
  • 1 T. Chipotle infused olive oil
  • ⅓ C. Cilantro (rough chopped)
  • 2 T. fresh lime juice
Instructions
  1. For the Aioli. Combine all ingredients and pulse chop in a food processor until combined. Set aside and grill shrimp.
  2. Toss the shrimp with the Chipotle oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on medium high, 2 - 3 minutes until done.
  3. To plate, place mixed greens on each plate. Top with two skewers of grilled shrimp and drizzle with aioli.

Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime and Chipotle Aioli…It’s What’s for Dinner.

Comments

Looks very yummy! We’ve got a shop like that near us and can’t believe how good their products are. Try the black cherry balsamic vinegar with the chipotle oil – it’s amazing on pork.

We had grilled shrimp last night and will again tomorrow and the mango salsa is already made, so I’ll have to save this for next time – it sounds super good and we love shrimp over greens like this.

• Lea Ann says

Well, you’ll have to flavor some olive oil with chipotle. The smoky flavor is just fabulous! This wasn’t as healthy a meal as it looks, out of view is a big old scoop of potato salad. :)

How did I not know about this place?!?! I like that your recipe isn’t skimpy on the serving size. There’s nothing worse than not getting enough shrimp, especially when it looks as tasty as this!

• Lea Ann says

That’s my job Susan … to make sure you know about these things. :) I bought a pound of shrimp for the two of us. Even had about 5 left over. What you don’t see is a big scoop of potato salad that went along with this meal.

• Lea Ann says

Kirsten, I’m not sure that’s the same store, but I bet they’d have some too. I think EVOO Marketplace only has two locations. I’d love to visit the one at the outlets.

I printed this before commenting – so wonderful looking and sounding! This will be excellent for dinner – especially with that delicious sounding Aioli. I am also making Lea Ann’s Potato Salad as we speak. Everyone that tastes my potato salad makes the holymolygood face – thanks for that recipe as well. It’s my favorite indulgence food.

• Vickie Hemphill says

I tried that aioli tonight and it was excellent! I had some Boyagian oils from a sampler and there happened to be a chipotle infused EVO oil. We practically licked the plates!

• Lea Ann says

I’m so glad you liked it. I should have known that Boyijian oils would have a chipotle infused. I bought a big bottle of the orange oil from them. Man I love that stuff. :)

That looks so good! I guess you can infuse olive oil with anything … but the chipotle sounds so good! I just checked out their website, and saw some amazing flavor combinations!

We have a wonderful oil and vinegar store not to far from us also and I used their balsamic in my latest post. It’s funny on their site they talk about people drinking it by the shot glass :)

What a great way to prepare shrimp! They look perfect for the grilling season ahead.

Oh my….I wish I lived next door. I’m sure you’d share. :)
    That looks so good, Lea Ann. I’m going to see if I can find some chipotle infused olive oil around here. If not, I can always turn to Amazon.

• Lea Ann says

If you go to EVOO Marketplace website, you can order it from them. I wish you lived next door too Barbara. I’d love to be your taste tester for everything that comes out of your kitchen. :)