Lucky us. Right before Christmas a new olive oil tasting bar and store opened up in downtown Littleton. EVOO Marketplace is located right next door to Savory Spice Shop and is packed full of shiny stainless steel vats of clever and exotic infused oils and vinegars. They offer an aged balsamic that I could chug from the bottle. It’s omg good. I’m going to write more about it soon, but for now wanted to share a little something I dreamed up after I grabbed a bottle of their chipotle infused olive oil.
Grilling weather inspired shelled and deveined shrimp to appear on wooden skewers. The shrimp were tossed in a generous amount of EVOO Marketplace chipotle infused oil and some salt and pepper.
I fired up the grill and simply charred them until no longer opaque, served them over some fresh greens, and then drizzled with a cilantro, lime chipotle aioli. Easy and delicious.
I’m impressed that the smoky flavor of the oil prevailed on the shrimp, even after a brief visit with the hot flames from the grill. And a tablespoon added to the aioli with the strong flavor of lime and cilantro proved it to be a flavorful star. Let’s take a look.
- For the shrimp:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 T. Chipotle infused Olive Oil
- For the Aioli:
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed and sliced
- 1 t. sugar
- ⅓ C. Mayo
- 1 T. Chipotle infused olive oil
- ⅓ C. Cilantro (rough chopped)
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- For the Aioli. Combine all ingredients and pulse chop in a food processor until combined. Set aside and grill shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp with the Chipotle oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on medium high, 2 – 3 minutes until done.
- To plate, place mixed greens on each plate. Top with two skewers of grilled shrimp and drizzle with aioli.
Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime and Chipotle Aioli…It’s What’s for Dinner.