Looking for a way to use up those corned beef lefovers? How about this corned beef breakfast sandwich with a fried egg?
For St. Patrick’s Day, I threw a corned beef tri-tip roast in the crock pot along with some potatoes, onions, and cabbage and we enjoyed a traditional Irish holiday dinner.
Sunday morning we turned the leftovers into this unique corned beef breakfast sandwich. A corned beef sandwich dressed up with a fried egg and some horseradish cream sauce.
Let’s take a look.
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread, outer sides buttered (grilled cheese method)
- Horseradish cream sauce slathered on the inside of each slice (2 T. mayonnaise mixed with 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish)
- A fried egg
- Pieces of slivered Jarlsberg Swiss Cheese
- Tender cabbage that was cooked with the beef the day before and had been slightly re-heated in microwave
- Shredded corned beef, also slightly heated in microwave.
Top with remaining slice of bread and cook in hot skillet, turning to brown and crisp both sides, applying slight pressure here and there with a spatula and covering with a lid for about 15 seconds to insure everything gets steamy and hot. Slice with a serrated knife and serve.
And sided with a couple of left over potatoes that had been beautifully braised and flavored under that big piece of Corned Beef, it was a delicious breakfast. And so rich I could only eat half.
Corned Beef Fried Egg Sandwich …It’s What’s for Saint Patrick’s Day Leftovers.
- One Year Ago: Breakfast Pizza
- Two Years Ago: Glazed Corned Beef