A New Look for Highlands Ranch Foodie

We’ve been doing a little “branding” here on The Ranch. As you can see, I’ve got a whole new look and feel.

I’ll certainly miss my bright vivid orange and green Mango leaf design, but let’s face it, I’m not sitting around on a beach overlooking the ocean in Hawaii sucking down umbrella’d cocktails while snacking on ceviche.

The fact of the matter is, I live in Colorado. I’m sitting around in Highlands Ranch, with the Rocky Mountains as a backdrop. We snack on meat and potatoes and suck down sip red wine. Even though it’s not officially a “Ranch”, the land our town sits on was in fact once a large working cattle ranch…that was long before Denver urban sprawl claimed the land.

We live close to the Historic Highlands Ranch Mansion which once headquartered prominent Denver families and complete with windmills, barns, and bunkers provided a compound to run a working cattle ranch. You might remember, this very house was featured in the television mini-series “Centennial”, a story about pioneers heading west and settling along the Front Range of Colorado. If you’re interested you can read about our History at this web site.  Or here.

I’ve renamed my blog “Cooking…On the Ranch”. The URL  www.highlansranchfoodie.com remains the same.

Comments

• Lea Ann says

Thanks Michele. The red background that I showed you at lunch just wasn’t sitting well with me. I needed something more “covenant controlled” … just like Highlands Ranch. :)

Lea Ann, Congratulations on your new blog design. I like it a lot. Glad to see that it all worked out. I told you that our realtor Eva M. sold Highlands Ranch. She tells this funny story how she drove off road over the ranch in her big Cadillac. She used to be a fierce German driver.

• Lea Ann says

Thanks Kirsten. Man was this an emotional decision. Yes, I know of Eva’s legendary involvement in the sale of Highlands Ranch. I love hearing about it…BUT I’ve never heard about the Cadillac incident. I’ll have to ask her about it next time I see her.

I don’t care what you call it – just pick one. This is your third name in my tenure and I’m getting to old the keep up with all these techno changes. Just call it Big Bob’s Eclectric Ramblings then it won’t matter where you live or what you write about. Have a great Sunday.

• Lea Ann says

Larry, there shouldn’t be any techno changes on your part, unless you have an ancient monitor screen, but then if you do, you’d be adjusting all the time to accommodate graphics. I don’t want to name it Big Bob’s Eclectric Ramblings …

Haha, I had to scroll back and catch that looping G . . . lovin’ the lariat g, too. But, my favorite is the star divider in my favorite color palate. Very nice – all of it. How fun to “move” into new digs. :)

• Lea Ann says

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is that Red “Cooking…” and yes looping G included. I thought about having some rope graphics here and there, but decided against it for now. I thought that G probably got the idea across without loosing continuity. (Did I just say continuity) ??? :)

• Lea Ann says

Thanks Sam, it does take courage. I really liked my old design, I’ve just had too many bloggers tell me it was confusing for the url name, etc. I finally agreed. :)

• Lea Ann says

It was a huge decision Bo. It’s taken me two months to actually tell my designer to code it. And if you want her name I’ll send it along.

I love the new look, Lea Ann! Your header is smashing..even has texture, which is fun.
    I have a .com website but am frightened about changing something that is working OK.

• Lea Ann says

I love that texture. The change was easy, the designer just went into my control panel and coded the graphics. No changes to anything else at all.

Lea Ann, Hell yes! What a great make-over one that represents your cooking style and sucking down the wine (sipping) style. I got my spice package last night and I’m posting one of your recipes tomorrow!