Curry Roasted Chicken

Curry Roasted Chicken, Adapted from Real Simple Magazine

Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.

Rub curry powder all over 4 chicken legs, sprinkle with salt and pepper.

In a skillet, sear chicken in hot oil until browned all over.

Remove from skillet and saute halved new potatoes in oil just long enough to coat with flavor.

In a baking dish, nestle chicken legs and potatoes and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear.

Serve with cilantro and lemon wedges.

(Note:  Real Simple Magazine served this with fresh okra instead of new potatoes)

Curry Roasted Chicken and Potatoes…It’s What’s for Dinner.

Comments

• Lea Ann says

This is so easy that I’ll be experimenting with different curry powders. I have a nearby Penzy’s too. Nice stores.

• Lea Ann says

Chris, for this I just used your run of the mill curry powder blend that you’ll find on the spice isle at the grocery store … BUT, Next time and the time after that, I’ll be experimenting with some of the more exotic powders in my pantry. Yellow, Red, Massaman …. all would work, adjusting the amount of course for the really hot ones.

As always, thanks for stopping by and the comment.

What a great looking super simple recipe. You photo looks so good! I have to write here for everyone to see that your Merlot wine jelly is to die for! I will be making it soon and encourage everyone else to try it too. I can’t wait to try it with some brie. Thank you so much!

• Lea Ann says

I can’t imagine that there’s not a curry out there that you would like. I wonder if you’ve ever tried Yellow Curry.

Fabulous Lea Ann. Can’t get any easier. However, I will add that part of it is that your presentation is outstanding. Simple, yet spectacular with the green sprig of cilantro that sets the whole plate off. And yuck to okra, potatoes are much better and so, so much prettier too.

• Lea Ann says

Thanks so much for the compliment Sam. I’d like to try it with okra, but will wait until next Summer when the fresh okra shows up in our farmer’s markets. And yes, the potatoes were very good with this. As always, thanks for stopping by and the comment.

Gorgeous! I love baked chicken and potatoes, and never use curry enough. I have a curry paste I’ve been anxious to try, but have no experience with the paste vs the powder. Either way, this is a great simple weekday meal – my favorite! And seriously, that photo is stunning with those beautiful colors and that wedge of lemon. mmmm

• Lea Ann says

I used the powder for this recipe, but next time will use a paste and see how it goes. Thanks for the compliment on the photo.

• Lea Ann says

I hear ya Susan. I’m the same way. It’s one of my favorite flavors and have to remind myself to think outside the box and add it to simple dishes.

• Lea Ann says

And Karen, these little sponges soak up the savory flavors from the chicken. And with a little curry thrown it, I loved them.

Not fair, lunch was not that long ago and I’m already hungry. I love dishes like this that have tons of flavor but are simple to pull together. I think there’s no reason not to make this for dinner tonight!