Easy Dip for Roasted Vegetables

This is so incredibly easy.  I’ve served this dip and roasted vegetables as an appetizer dish at a wine tasting party…

…and also as a side dish for dinner.  This photo is with Oprah’s Baked Chicken recipe.

• In a bowl mix together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup of your favorite Ranch dressing (I use a package of Hidden Valley and follow the instructions using buttermilk)  and 1 clove garlic pressed in a garlic press.
  • Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper, (or any earthy flavored mild pepper) and dried or fresh chives.
  • Serve in your favorite bowl or hollowed out bell pepper and with an assortment of fresh roasted vegetables.

Easy Dip … It’s What’s for Roasted Vegetables.

One Year Ago: Giada’s White Bean Chili

Two Years Ago:  New Mexico Inspired Sandwich

Things I’m Loving This Week

Comments

Mayo, sour cream and garlic sound like the perfect base for a dip. And roasted veggies are so flavorful – I love the idea of dipping them as an appetizer. Brilliant! But there’s this small matter of that hobnail bowl. Antique? maybe Coveted by your dear Montana friend? Hell, yes! ;->

• Lea Ann says

With picks, this makes a perfect appetizer. And people can pick and choose which roasted vegetables they prefer. You bet that bowl is Depression Glass antique. Even though the hollowed out bell pepper is a pretty clever serving bowl, I couldn’t resist the hobnail for the blog photo….. just to heckle my dear Montana friend. :->

We are in a dip frame of mind, Lea Ann! Must be the coming holidays. I’m always looking for great flavor and short preparation time. This certainly meets the bill. Love the idea of serving it with roasted veggies.

Oh my gosh, this reminds me of my sister’s ranch and blue cheese dip she used to always make. She served hers with broccoli and cauliflower. I love the roasted veggie idea and garlic of your version. What a perfect accompaniment to the veg we all like.

• Lea Ann says

I like that cauliflower and broccoli idea. And yes, I’ve also made this with blue cheese. With sour cream and mayo, it’s just so creamy good. :)

• Lea Ann says

I agree Kristi, that’s why I prefer the dip version as an appetizer. It worked great on a table with other offerings.

• Lea Ann says

Thanks for stopping by and the comment Simone. This is just one of those savory and easy dishes that is quick to make and quick to please. :)

I’ve been thinking a lot about different styles of dippers (chips are good, but a little too easy sometimes). I’ll add roasted veggies to my list. And how cute is that bowl? Perfect for the job.