Southwestern Crock Pot Chicken

In a crock pot place:

5 Frozen boneless skinless chicken breast halves

1 Can corn, drained

I Can black beans, undrained

1 15-0unce jar salsa (I used my homemade, any brand will do)

Cook on high for 5 hours.

Top with one 8 ounce brick cream cheese.

Turn off crock-pot and let sit for 1/2 hour.

Remove chicken and slice, stir ingredients in crock pot and serve all over cooked rice.

Southwestern Crock Pot Chicken…It’s What’s for Dinner.

ONE YEAR AGO:  Ajaico – Columbian Chicken Soup

TWO YEARS AGO:  Chicken Enchiladas

Comments

• Lea Ann says

I got that wooden spoon when we cleaned out my mother-in-law’s house when we moved her to assisted living. I’d love to know where it came from.

• Lea Ann says

Love the alterations. When I was making this, I kept thinking of different flavor versions. Love the creme fraiche idea. Glad you liked the recipe Kirsten.

• Lea Ann says

Stephanie I thought about you when I was making this … thought it was right up your alley. :) Good to hear from you.

Very clever Lea Ann! I’m in the stage of the year where anything easy, delicious is appreciated not seeming to have enough minutes in the day. This would be one my whole family would like! Thank you.

I love the idea of cream cheese melting over all that slow cooked chicken – brilliant! As always, your photo is very nice . . . love that fun spoon.

• Lea Ann says

Thanks Vickie. I wish I had a whole arsenal of those decorated utensils. I have coveted that spoon since I unearthed it at my mother-in-law’s house years ago. And I agree, you just can’t beat cream cheese for making a dish oozy and rich.

Sometimes I get so annoyed I gave my crock pot to my DIL. Oh well, no kids here anymore so she’ll use it lots more than I would.
    But I’d sure love to make this. Comfort food!

• Lea Ann says

This would work just fine in an oven Barbara. I’d just use thawed chicken breasts. And yes, incredible comfort food.

4. Chris says

I made this tonight and it was FANATASTIC!!! I happened to stumble onto your page and I am so glad I did. I have found tons of new recipes to try. Thanks!