No Recipe Required: Crab Cakes on Spring Greens

Purchase pre-made crab cakes from your favorite market. I prefer crab cakes from Tony’s in Denver for their texture and flavor.

Sautee crab cakes in olive oil until cooked through and golden brown.

Place on a plate full of mixed spring greens.

Drizzle with your favorite dressing. For this I prefer a simple lime or lemon vinaigrette.

One Year Ago:  Tangy Flank Steak with Horseradish Cream

Two Years Ago: Mangoes Gone Wild

Comments

Yum! I love this segment to your blog as you know. I love making things as simple as possible. The flavors sound delicious and perfect for this time of year. Loved the photo too!

2. mick says

Looks dee-lish – as always! Love them crab cakes, sometimes I re-shape them into smaller croquettes and re-bread with panko to get even more crusty brown surface.

I feel like I should say, ‘Yes Ma’am’ and run over to Tony’s now even!

I’ve missed you; hope you’re having a great summer and hope we remedy that soon. BTW; guess what I found; just for you. It might be slate, it might hold cheese. I might be in my kitchen with your name on it. :)

I’m having a great summer Barb and hope you are too. I forgot to ask you about that slate board the last time I was at your house! Yipee and don’t let me forget about it when I see you next.

Andrea, Tony’s crab cakes are huge! This is one cake divided and reshaped into two. Still a good sized crab cake for a nice meal. See you soon.

Beautiful photo, LA! I love meals like this, but we don’t have pre-made crab-cakes around here. However, I do make a quick salmon patty with canned salmon – must try it with greens and vinaigrette! Whew, isn’t summer busy??

Thanks! And as you can guess, my lime vinaigrette was made with the infused oil. :-) This past week has been incredibly busy for me. Went to the mountains last weekend and then busy at work. No time to cook. :/

Aw, I’m jealous that you can find good crab cakes at your market. Just some of the disadvantages of living in rural America I guess. Maybe I’ll have some luck in Florida this winter. I use lime in my vinaigrettes a lot. Actually I almost prefer them to lemons.

Your photography, as always, is outstanding Lea Ann. Maybe we could persuade you to come to the get-together next year at Larry’s and be the guest speaker on food photography. You sure know what you’re doing with the camera and food styling.

I’m with you, I was always disappointed in crab cakes until Tony’s Market here in Denver finally offered some good ones. And my gosh thanks for the photography comment. I would love to come to Larry’s gathering, wish I could have made it this year. But really, I don’t think I’m knowledgeable enough to be a guest speaker. But maybe by this time next year I’ll have learn more about that new camera!

I’m afraid I’m spoiled by a crab cake recipe that I love to make. If I could only find a good store-bought crab cake like yours from Tony’s!

Crab cakes are one of my favorite things ever! I know I have said it before but I love the NO RECIPE REQUIRED posts because they provide inspiration AND I think it is truly how so many of us cook…!!! :)

Oh Lea Ann! I just clicked through from your photo of today’s post and was ready to get my list of ingredients for the crab cakes…glad to know I can get them at Tony’s Market! I’ve heard good things about Tony’s but never driven by or shopped there. Now I will! Happy New Year!