No Recipe Required: Pasta with Short Ribs and Capers

Pasta with short ribs and capers

• Slow cook short ribs in your favorite jarred marinara sauce until fall off the bone tender.
  • Remove ribs from sauce, remove meat from bone and shred. Skim fat from sauce.
  • Toss sauce, shredded beef, halved cherry tomatoes and capers with cooked bucatini pasta.
  • Top with coarse grated Parmesan cheese.

Pasta with Short Ribs and Capers…It’s What’s for Dinner.

One Year Ago: Chicken Marengo

Comments

This sounds amazing! DH doesn’t like capers but I think he’s just going to have to deal with it–this sounds like tonight’s dinner to me!

Really, Lea Ann, how easy is that?? Love recipes like this! Now, when winter comes around again, I will be making short ribs and have a lovely leftover dish I can make. Too hot down here now. :)

Hey – Nice blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?

Grass fed beef short ribs in the freezer – check. Homemade marinara sauce from last summer – check. Pasta – check. I’m making this on Sunday when I get back from BlogHer Food!!!

Great idea LA – meat in marinara – why not short ribs? My mom made sauce with bacon all of the time. Did I say great idea?

Mmmmmmm…bacon sounds wonderful. I have actually made this twice, once with my favorite homemade marinara sauce (which wouldn’t qualify for “no recipe”) and once with jarred. Both really good. I got the idea from an upscale Denver restaurant.

I make a recipe kind of like this from Lydia Bastianich that is made with pork countrystyle ribs and we LOVE it! I can only imagine how good this is with short ribs.

I wouldn’t mind hearing about the differences in the recipes…maybe I’ll Google it. I got this idea from restaurant and just crossed my fingers that it came out.

What a great idea! I love meat in pasta sauce and this sounds like such a delicious way to do that. This must smell heavenly while it’s cooking. I’ve never cooked with buccatini and I think it’s high time I changed that.

• Lea Ann says

I thought pasta was a great side dish for this. Mine is angel hair with sauteed vegetables and lemon sauce. mmmmm