No Recipe Required: Apple and Brie Sandwiches

• Lay two slices of rustic Italian bread on a sheet pan.
  • Broil one side until toasted.
  • Remove from oven and spread untoasted side with Dijon mustard.
  • Top with arugula, thin sliced gala apples and two slices of thin sliced Brie cheese
  • Pop it back under the broiler until cheese is melted.

Adapted from Fine Cooking

Apple and Brie Sandwiches…It’s What’s for a Quick Dinner.

One Year Ago: Tarragon Burgers and Citrus Salad

Comments

Oh sigh… you are killing me. I am on this ridiculous 17 day diet… no bread, but what a great idea for 9 days from now (yes, I am VERY actively counting down the days)

Dave

I try…and I say that loosly…”try” to only eat pasta and bread once a week. The rest of my meals are lean meats, vegetables and salads.

I’ve been very into the NO RECIPE REQUIRED thing too! So many dishes are simply the “concept”…the “inspiration”…the “idea!” This sandwich is mouth watering…something I could eat every single day! Lovely!

Thank you so much. I work a full time job and many times don’t get home until 6:00, so love having some of these quick dinners up my sleeve.

Beautiful! I would never have thought of having this on a sandwich, but you can bet I’ll be giving it a try. Great photo, too. I’m loving the red napkin. :)

A local sandwich joint does a riff on this sandwich that I order every time I’m there because I can’t help myself… just add a few slices of proscuitto. You’ll love it too!

Thank you. I’ve still half a wedge of that brie left. I’m going to have to make my brie and apple omelet… and of course blog about it.

I’m with Karen. I’m loving these “no recipe required” posts Lea Ann. Keep ‘em coming. We all need a slew of these kinds of “recipes” up our sleeves.

That’s a mighty fine sandwich. I’m always surprised and pleased at how a little mustard makes things taste special.

Sam, I was a little leery of how the strong flavor of the mustard would work with the delicate brie and sweet apple and it turned out to be delicious. And along with the peppery arugula…it was a hit.

Now that my arugula is florishing I will have to make this quick sandwich. It sounds so easy and is something my vegetarian daughter will definitely eat. I may try it with pears too since they are my husband’s favorite fruit.

Have you ever been to Toast, right at the end of Littleton’s Main St. as you circle around the block? They have an apple and brie sandwich they serve with a cranberry aioli that I love but of course…who always has cranberry aioli on hand; that would in fact be Recipe Required!

Looks fabulous Lea Ann and your photo? Yes, I can tell the difference! Beautiful.