Linda’s Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe

With temperatures in the 80′s on Saturday and snow on Sunday,  it’s officially Springtime in the Rockies, which has inspired me to post this change of seasons, simple and fresh salad recipe.

One of my favorites, it comes from my friend Linda.  This is the same Linda that brought us Linda’s Moist and Delicious Corn Bread recipe. I love the tangy dressing on this quick fix salad and it’s a staple all summer long, whether alongside a cheeseburger off the grill or a dish of pasta from the stove-top.  With an all-star line-up of ingredients of seasoned rice vinegar, Tabasco and sugar for the tangy tart vinaigrette combined with the fresh crunch of the crisp spinach, sweet plump strawberries and salty sunflower seeds, you’ve got one great combination of flavors.

Let’s take a look.

Linda’s Spinach and Strawberry Salad:

2 Tbs seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 Cup olive oil
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs Tabasco sauce
2 Whole green onions — chopped
3 Tbs sunflower seeds
1 Pint strawberries — sliced
1 Bunch baby spinach — (12 oz)

1. Rinse spinach, add strawberries and sunflower seeds.  Add dressing.

Speaking of friends, look at this little gadget Cauleen gave me for Christmas. It makes whisking up a vinaigrette a breeze. Just add ingredients  and squeeze the handle which activates a stirrring spiral  inside the carafe and voila. It even comes with a little pouring spout for use at the table. Recipes for classic vinaigrettes are printed on the outside along with measurement lines for ingredients. L-O-V-E love this thing.

Linda’s Strawberry Spinach Salad…It’s What’s for Dinner.

One Year Ago: Shrimp and Grits

Comments

That is the most beautiful salad! And what a wonderful shot of it, too – love those colors and that light! The flavors sound like such a fun combination and it’s seasonal stuff I have in the fridge. I LOVE recipes like this. I’m going to have to get the brand on that vinaigrette gadget – what a cool idea. I know I’d put a few miles on that in no time. :)

Strawberries and spinach are such a wonderful combination of flavors and one that I seem to forget from time to time. Thanks for the reminder Lea Ann. I had no idea that your springtime there brought such unusual changes in temperatures. We get big changes in the mountains of NC too, but not quite that severe (but close).

I make a lot of vinaigrettes and recently saw that new gadget. Can you wash it in the dishwasher? It’s a lot more sophisticated looking than my glass jar with a lid, but I try to keep gadgets to a minimum. Sure is cute…..

Glass jar with a lid works like a charm too Sam. That’s my go-to method. Yes, you can put this in the DW. I like this because of the recipe lines on the container. From Sat. to Sunday we saw a 50 degree drop in temps.

I like both spinach and strawberries, but for some reason the combo doesn’t inspire me, but Bev on the other hand just loves it, so I’ll make sure she has this. The strawberry farm up the road will be saying come and get em before long.

How cool is this salad! I love recipes that combine unique ingredients like this! The flavors I bet totally compliment one another – would make an impressive starter! Also, I want one of those gadgets for the dressing!!!!

I’m glad you liked the salmon :)

I have a ton of strawberries form the Poteet, Texas strawberry festival this would be the perfect way to consume those red berries!! great recipe!

sweetlife

That’s got a nice little kick to it, Lea Ann! Very interesting with the strawberries.
    (Got my daughter one of those gadgets for making vinaigrette. Makes everything very simple; she loves it.)