I Heart Tony’s

As you know, I’ve self-banned myself from any markets, gourmet food or specialty stores, and farmer’s markets until I use up some of the stockpile in my pantry and on my refrigerator door.

That lasted exactly 4 days,  16 hours and 12 minutes.

My favorite Specialty Food and Meat Market, Tony’s  had a “Local” event yesterday, featuring Colorado gourmet food vendors. A silly “self banning rule”, wild horses and temperatures above 100 degrees couldn’t keep me away.

We are so fortunate to have a store like Tony’s in Denver. Locally owned and operated, Tony Rosacci and his family owned business support local farmers, merchants and gourmet food vendors. I like that…a lot. I’ve been going to Tony’s so long, I can remember when it was nothing but a meat counter that offered unparalleled customer service and a superior product.

Today, the best butcher shop in town has grown to become a wonderful gourmet store with several locations, offering an extraordinary array of beautiful specialty products…and that customer service is still unparalleled. I’m lucky to live just a few miles from the original market. I Heart Tony’s.

Stick around and take a tour with me.

Don’t feel like cooking tonight? Step up, take a number and get in line for Tony’s wonderful “Tony’s To Go”  pre-made dinners. Always a tasty and beautiful selection. My favorite is the long-time available twice baked potatoes.  Yum.

Fabulous seafood department.

Connected to the finest meat department in the city.

A great selection of frozen products.

Now do you see why my refrigerator door looks like it does?

Look at those baskets of impressive dried pastas that line the meat cases.

How on earth are you supposed to decide which cookie you want?

A beautiful produce section.

A mountain of Chocolate anyone?  And look at all those packages of meringue cookies.

Love, love, love their selection of fine cheese.

Always a clamor at the deli. Man, do they make up some great sandwiches and offer some high quality deli meat.

Yes, you can pick up staples like eggs and milk.

…omg, look at the beautiful dessert selection….sigh.

Just a shot of the store so you can somewhat feel that browsing ambiance.

Is that my car back there that’s getting ready to burst into flames?  Did I mention it was over 100 degrees out?  I had to chuckle, to get this photo I was standing next to a blazing hot grill, on the blazing hot cement in the blazing hot sun….at least I wasn’t dressed in black like this guy was, blazing up ribs all afternoon.

Tony’s Catering was out front grilling/smoking up some delicious ribs…

So I picked some up at the meat counter. All I had to do is reheat when I got home and man were they GOOD. Love the rub they used and I just slathered on some more of Tony’s BBQ sauce.  Delicious ribs.

This is one of the local vendors featured at the event.  Meet Kim of  Kim’s Gourmet Sauces. Offering a two for one, I bought her spicy peanut sauce and a bottle of spicy teriyaki. They were serving up samples of these sauces on fried dumplings. What a delicious treat. Can’t wait to make them at home.

The cute couple representing their Sticky Brand Sauces. Again, look at all of those samples. It was hard to decide, but  with the two for one price tag I bought their Tangy Wing and Mild BBQ Sauce.

Comments

The Fresh Market in Knoxville is the closest we have to this kind of store and I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love to shop there due to their array of high quality items and hate to shop there because it always cost me so much to get out – often with alot of that panty/fridge door stuff.

I would love Tony’s and have the same problem that Larry does with Fresh Market, the exact same store as a matter of fact:)

My mom (hiker, trail maintainer, nature lover) was in town this weekend and your comment about the birds in my video was her favorite.

Lea Ann,

Great post & Pics. As you know I love Tony’s too. Since I don’t live as close to one as you do, I always love it when I have a job near one and can stop on my way home. I think the only one I haven’t been to is the big one downtown.

One of my favorite marinated meats for grilling are the chili beef skewers – I found that the Bowles store makes them the best.

Ooooohhhh, I love love love Tony’s. My parents live in Colorado and I’ve been there, virtually bankrupting myself. There’s no way you go away from Tony’s with just the stuff you need. There’s too much awesomeness! Love it!

OH MY… what an event, what a store. great post.

Good for you for spreading the word.

Have to laugh, I am less than 30 days from leaving. i am under orders from the Mrs. to stop it… just stop it right now. She suggested a challenge to spend the weekend just cooking out of my fridge and cabinets… Couldn’t do it. Lasted almost as long as you

6. Vickie says

If you’re going to fall off the wagon, might as well do it up in style! This was such a great post! I loved all the great photos and especially the ones of the vendors – really showed the spirit of the event! I’m jealous again. Who needs a Trader Joe when you have Tony’s and Whole Foods? :D

Lee Ann,

That is a fantastic market. No self-ban would ever keep me away from Tony’s. Thanks for taking us along.

You would be welcome to bring your watermelon salad to my house any day. It looks gorgeous and I’m sure tastes even better. Think I’ll give it a try.

Sticky Brand Sauces sending out a big thank you to everyone stopping by Tony’s Market Local Days. How fun is for all the local producers that pour their passion and love into everything they touch! This includes Everyone at Tony’s! …the standard for local excellence (=

We at Sticky enjoyed an amazing boneless prime rib last night of the grill crusted with a mango scotch bonnet sauce, new to market Colorado corn, and our favorite for years the thin sliced zucchini ready for us to foil onto the grill!

Thank you again for enjoying Sticky Brand Sauces…

Excuse me???? You have just thrown me into a “foodie shock”…grilled prime rib? Mango scotch bonnet sauce??? grilled thin sliced zucchini??? This sounds like a dream meal!

I did pick up some new to the market Colorado Corn yesterday, so not feeling envy over that one.

Thanks for stopping by and the comment and can’t wait to cook with your sauces I picked up.

9. dan says

Tony’s rocks it.

30 years ago, I had a German guy in town for business who wanted to fly some American steaks back home. I took him to Tony’s where I’d always bought my ribeyes, Tony was behind the counter and proceeded to wrap up a whole briefcase full of steaks, he said newpaper was the best way to preserve them! and so there the guy went, back to Germany, and every time he’d cook one of the steaks he’d let me know how great it was and how everbody in his neighborhood wanted to come get some…

I feel the same way about our Whole Foods. We have a marvelous one. You have to drag me screaming and kicking to get me out of there. Tony’s looks every bit as good, Lea Ann. No question markets like these are addictive. And dangerous to our checkbooks!

11. Cindy says

Thanks Leanne for taking all those great pictures. Tony’s is a beautiful place to shop and try new things. It was a great market. They will be having these markets in their other locations as well. Please come visit us. Thank you for buying our sauces and hope you are happy with them. Would love to hear what recipes you used our sauces on or in.

Kindest regards, Cindy Coyne- Owner- Kim’s Gourmet Sauces

I would *love* to have a store like that nearby. In the middle of Montana, we have a Wal-Mart that has groceries and an IGA. Ugh. Shopping online for food stuff I can’t buy here is one of my hobbies ;) And… re the cookies… no choices… get one of each!

This looks just like a market I go to. Luckily it is not too close or I’d be there more often…but when I do go I break the bank…

Hey Everyone if you have time tonight stop by Wine Down Wednesday at Water2Wine tonight from 6 to 8 at the Festival Shopping Center University and County Line Road! $10 will get you a wine tasting some food and local music!

Come in and tell Derek Handley Sticky Brand Sauces sent you and I will hook you up with a bottle of Sticky Brand Sauces for tonight! Now how can you beat that!

Join Water2Wines Wine club and Sticky will make sure you get a full 6 bottles one of each of the Sticky Brand line-up!

This is for Lee Ann’s special following!