Spicy Chicken and Peach Kabobs

I’m kabob-inspired after reading over a week’s worth of ridiculously good-looking kabob creations over at Sippity Sup.  That’s right, Greg has been offering up a daily dose of skewered treats.

This is not one of Greg’s creations. This is my very own which I should  really name “Freeloader Kabobs”.

With my base of chicken breasts, onions and peaches, I reached for some of those hanger-on-er half-full jars on the refrigerator door. You know the ones. They cost about five bucks each, you bring them home, use a couple of tablespoons for one recipe and then they sit there…freeloading in the air-conditioned luxury of the fridge. It’s quite a diverse group, English mustards, exotic vinegars, dark and mysterious oriental sauces, Oregon jelly, trailer trash bbq sauces, Mexican hot sauces…I just don’t have the heart to throw them out….so they hang…on the refrigerator door.

Here’s what I did:

Basting Sauce:

• 2 T. orange juice
  • 2 t. soy sauce
  • 2 T. Fischer and Wieser Chipotle Raspberry Sauce
  • 1 T. Oregon Marionberry jelly
  • 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, finely chopped (Make sure it’s dripping in that sauce)
  • 1 t. chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 T. lemon zest and just a small squeeze of juice

Skewer your chicken pieces, chunks of fresh peach and slices of onions. Baste with the sauce while grilling. Pretty darn good and bingo,  two freeloading  jars gone from the refrigerator door.

I served this up with some grilled steak fries.  I parboiled the potatoes, skin on, cut into wedges, brushed with some olive oil, salt and peppered and grilled until done.

We paired this with some of the best wine I think I’ve ever tasted.  Penner-Ash Pinot Noir.  You know me and Oregon Pinots.

Spicy Chicken and Peach Kabobs…

It’s What’s For Dinner.

Comments

This is wonderful! My fridge door looks just like yours! I’m going to make me some sauce with a bunch of ingredients!

Lea Ann, are you sure that is not a picture of my fridge door? Looks the same to me. Great idea to mix them into something yummy and useful.
    Yes, I would love to get together for lunch after the summer break.

We have a kitchen door a pantry full of those jars that we need to get creative with. Good idea with the peaches on kabobs and the meal looks delicious.

4. Vino Luci Style says

You make me laugh…and everyone else that has that same situation; that stuff looks soooo good at the market why don’t we use it when we get home.

I love Sippity Sup; come join us on Twitter!

Those look so delicious – I especially love the grill marked peach wedge. Does it get any better than grilled fruit? What really caught my eye was the 2006 Penner-Ash Pinot Noir. I love pinot noirs and always like a good wine tip. I will keep my eye out for this one.

Clever way to clean out the old fridge door, Lea Ann! Make your own marinades! Going to look at mine as soon as I finish. Hate to think what I’m going to find. :)

And I love the name of your kabobs!
    We also love pinots….wrote down the name and will look for it next week.

Love it! The peach and chicken sound like a fantastic combo! And the sauce delicious – especially with the chipotle to spice it up. You showed those freeloaders!

peaches and chicken kabobs sound like a great combination! your basting sauce has a lot of great ingredients, I bet they came out really tasty! Good job straightening out the fridge!

Those kebabs sound great with chicken and peaches. I know what you mean about those bottles of sauces. You have found a really good way to use them up.