Spinach, White Bean, Bacon Salad, with Maple Syrup Vinaigrette

Spinach, white bean, bacon salad with a tangy vinaigrette.  Here’s a great little salad recipe that you can add to your summer repertoire. Simply delicious and it comes together in a snap.

The warm maple syrupy sweet and tangy dressing melts into the spinach, turns the beans into royalty and is a natural partner for the bacon. I don’t know about you, but when I have pancakes or waffles, I always drag my bacon or bite of sausage through the maple syrup. Such a wonderful combination for the taste buds.

The green onions add a nice touch to the flavor and the red bell pepper a crisp splash of color. The best part about this salad is that the next night you can have BLT Sandwiches with the rest of the bacon left in the package.

My records indicate that I found this recipe in Cooking Light Magazine in 2003. Give it a try, I don’t think you’ll  be disappointed.

White Bean, Bacon and Spinach Salad:

1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 Tbs cider vinegar
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can Great Northern beans — drained
1/2 cup green onions — sliced
1/2 cup red bell pepper — chopped
5 slices bacon — cooked and crumbled
14 oz spinach

1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl, stirring with a whisk; microwave at high 1 minute or until hot. Place beans in a two-quart glass measure, microwave until hot, one minute.

2. Combine onions, bell pepper, bacon and spinach in a large bowl. Add syrup mixture and beans. Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.

Servings: 2

White Bean, Bacon and Spinach Salad

It’s Whats For Dinner

One Year Ago:  A Summer Soup

Comments

I’ve always loved the maple syrup and butter or maple syrup and bacon combo. The sweet and salty just can’t be beat! Love this salad!

I am also intrigued by the vinagrette. Otherwise it reminds me of my favorite salad at the local trattoria. I am SO going to make this!

This looks delicious–I love beans the maple syrup dressing sounds great and of course BACON! ;-) Let me know if you want to send it to Souper Sundays.
    (Hint, hint…) ;-)

I’m pretty sure I’m in love with this dish and I haven’t even tried it. Maple and bacon on a salad with some beans to add protein?? Genious!!

I love that your families are connected through the dogs! Dogs are seriously the best unifiers out there…they just bring people together.

This is one excellent meal. That strawberry pie has me drooling. And don’t even mention the sliders. They go without saying.

I tried this tonight! I made only one serving just for me and it is wonderful! I will be posting about it AND making more! Thanks!

I really have to try this. I love spinach salad and the additions you’ve made to an old classic sound wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary