Chipotle Cheddar Cheeseburgers with bacon and barbeque sauce. A Coors Field specialty and the best cheeseburger ever. Located on one corner of our beautiful Coors Field baseball stadium in downtown Denver is the Sandlot Brewery and Rounders Pub. Years ago when we had season tickets to the Rockies Games, we’d always stop in at Rounder’s for a pre-game burger.
Sandlot was a test brewpub for Coors and Rounders served up your pre-game grub. During Rockies games it is closed to the public and only accessible from inside Coors Field for attendees of the baseball game. Even when we arrived early for those afternoon games, we’d have to wait almost 45 minutes for a table. Worth it…for both people watching and the food.
My favorite burger on the menu was their buffalo burger. A bison patty with melted cheese, barbeque sauce and topped with a couple of slices of bacon and onion. Easy enough to recreate at home!
This time I used some Chipotle Cheddar cheese that I bought at Smith’s Market when I was in Kansas. This cheese comes from Jason Wiebe Dairy in Durham, Kansas. It’s not only delicious but some of the best melting cheese I’ve ever worked with. It worked like a charm grated for some nachos last week and beautiful on these burgers. Not to mention a great and unique flavor addition to both dishes.
- ⅓ pound ground lamb
- ⅓ pound 85-15% ground beef
- 2 slices yellow sweet onion
- 2 slices bacon, fried and sliced in half
- Your favorite barbeque sauce
- Chipotle cheddar cheese
- Mix the lamb and beef together then form two hamburger patties. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a dusting of Canadian Steak Seasoning. Grill up your burgers, brush buns with butter toast them on the grill and add your cheese towards the end to melt. To build your burger, place burger on the bun, add a little barbeque sauce, some onion and dig in.
Chipotle Bacon Cheeseburgers, with Barbeque sauce…It’s What’s For Dinner!
1 year ago Rick Bayless Short Ribs
On this day..
- Salmon Saturday, Orange Roasted Salmon with Yogurt Caper Sauce - 2013
- Easy Dip for Fresh Fruit - 2011