Tangy Pineapple Chicken Recipe

Just a quick post for a recipe I’ve had for a long time.  Tangy Pineapple Chicken.

I’ve felt a little overwhelmed this past week. Extreme worries with my mom, long work hours, a small home remodeling project, three lost sales (which I took personally and hardly ever do),  paint chip decisions, a dog throwing up all day, an exhausting full day trade show in downtown Denver, a failed Dish Network converter box during Dancing With The Stars, a mild backache all culminating into a quick “I can’t do anything right”  burst into tears small fit breakdown. Follow that up with a big comforting bear hug from Bob,  my favorite go-to quick middle of the week recipe and I was good to go.

And ladies don’t you agree, that the quick minute and a half  ”burst into tears” can be so cleansing?  It’s out, it’s over, we move on…let’s cook.

Please don’t get out your violin because then you wouldn’t have enough hands to copy and paste this recipe into your database.  I’ve had this recipe for years. I’m not sure where it came from but it does seem a little “Taste of Home-ish”. I’ve changed it up a bit from the original and it’s really really good with a nice combination of flavors.

It’s best served over hot cooked white rice, but when I’ve had my quota of “white” for the week, a side of green vegetables or a small tossed salad works just fine.

Here’s this sooooo good  recipe.

Tangy Pineapple Chicken Recipe

2 whole chicken breasts without skin
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 can pineapple chunks in juice
1 Tbs cornstarch
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
1/8 cup honey
1 clove garlic — minced
Rice — cooked

Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.  In a skillet, brown chicken in oil.

Meanwhile, drain pineapple reserving the juice.  Combine cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons juice until smooth.  set aside.

Combine mustard, honey, garlic and remaining 1/2 of the can of pineapple juice; mix well.

Add to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.  Remove chicken and keep warm.

Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to boil for 2 minutes.

Return chicken to pan, top with a few of the pineapple chunks and heat thoroughly.  Serve over rice.

Servings: 2

One of these days when I’m not so preoccupied I’m going to take a better photo and replace this bad one.

Tangy Pineapple Chicken…It’s What’s For Dinner.

Comments

My name isn’t Bob, and my hug probably won’t be quite the same, but I’m sending one your way anyway :)

I’m having one of those weeks, actually, it’s more like one of those months (or three) myself, so it does me good to send a little positive energy out into the universe in your general direction.

I have those kinds of recipes too. The kind that make me happy when skies are grey. :D

2. junecutie says

It sounds like the kind of day you had is going around like a virus! We had a series of unpleasant events, ourselves. They were nothing major until DH came home from an errand with a ticket. He was driving on E-470, and he was coming over the top of one of those hills when he was hit by a 50 mph wind gust. An unmarked PC had pulled a BMW over onto the apron of an exit lane to write a ticket, and he claimed DH should have pulled over into the left lane. DH had all he could do to white nuckle our van into staying in the lane he was driving. Geez, this is all we need to round out this day! I believe it’s going to be a pizza day for us. Hope the rest of your day was super, though! Later…

I cannot believe this wind we’ve been having. Today seems much calmer so far. Yikes, about the ticket. Isn’t it wonderful to be able to order in pizza when you need it.

3. Vickie says

What a rotton day/week! You deserved a big ole pout, for sure. I love a good meltdown clears the muck. Here’s a hug from Montana!

This recipe sounds good and looks quick enough for busy week nights. And isn’t a delicious meal, a glass of wine and a little candle-light just the best part of the day? It’ll cure anything.

“Muck” great way to describe it. Muck has been cleared. I’m in heaven this morning. Slept in until 7:00, don’t have to be anywhere until 11:30, I have the whole house to myself, sun is shining, grass is greening and I’ve got plans for a kick-ass dinner tonight. You bet wine is included. :-)

Oh dear sweety,lods of sunshine smiles with warm poohy hugs coming ur way to turn ur day into a super sparkly ,twinkling bright Happy Sunshine Springtime day…..
    And the chicken sure does look delicious….

I’m sending you a SUPER HUGE HUG. Sounds like it’s been a rough week. Things will get better though – they have to!

This sounds like a great dinner. Love pineapples!

Huggssssss… I hope your week gets better… the chicken sounds delicious… I make something similar too… and I agree… white rice works best.

Smile… you have a beautiful smile… :)

7. buffalo dick says

A pile of little bad things can get you worse than one big bad thing..”Pick up your skirts, Nancy- and keep going!” I liked the look of that chicken!

Oh L – We’ve all been there. A good cry is a great way to wash away all of that stress and start with a clean slate. I hope you’re feeling better, and I’m glad that you shared with us a bit about what is going on in your personal life.

(big hug!)xoxo, Christine

What a ghastly day, Lea Ann! A good cry and a lovely hug was definitely the answer.
    And this dish. It looks delicious! But I love anything pineapple. I like the thyme and Dijon in it…would give it a little tang.

Hope the next few days are good ones, just to make up for all the bad stuff!

What a horrible day! In the hopes you see a real improvement tomorrow, I’m drinking a margarita in your honor. The chicken looks fabulous, btw.

Thanks Liz. I appreciate that Margarita tribute. :-) Believe me, my stresses are a drop in the bucket compared to what some people endure on a daily basis. It’s just been a stressful week and even worse when I don’t have time to blog.

My name isn’t really Bob, but I’ll give you a *net hug* if it will help. :)

The chicken looks awesome, pineapple and chicken are such a great combo. I’ve already copied this down, I’m so making it.

When I have those kind of weeks, my wavemaster bag (punching/kicking bag) really doesn’t like it.

That chicken does look comforting:)