Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe, with Curry

This is how I used those left over hard-boiled pink and green Easter Eggs.

Let me start off my telling you,  I’m a HUGE curry fan.  Love those gravy-style Thai and Indian inspired dishes.

Curry is a general term to describe a variety of spice blends and more likely a gravy type dish.   We are most familiar with the blend of turmeric, coriander, cumin and fenugreek that we find in a jar on our American grocery store shelves. But there is a such a wide variety of curry styles, blends and flavors available to us from so many cultures.  It seems each culture has adopted spices to suit its own unique tastes.

As we speak, in my pantry you’ll find Yellow, Massaman and Green curries.  I can’t wait to put on my white mad scientist coat, get out those lab tubes and bubble away new experimental brews,  but for now I just used the regular ground curry from Whole Foods to put a little twist on our mayonnaise based traditional egg salad.

This made a great little dinner served with a tossed salad.

Lea Ann’s Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe with Curry

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 dash ginger
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsley chopped
3 whole green onions sliced and diced
8 slices of your favorite bread
2 T. celery, finely chopped
1/4 tsp dijon mustard

Salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl combine mayo, honey, curry and ginger and blend well.  Stir in eggs and green onions.  Season with salt and pepper.  Spread egg salad onto bread slices and top with lettuce if you wish.   I top with a slice of tomato when I have fresh from the garden.

Makes 4 sandwiches

Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches,,,It’s What’s For Lunch or Dinner

Comments

Currys are something I’ve been meaning to try again. I never liked them when I was younger, but my tastes have changed a lot in the last five years. The egg salad sounds great, maybe that’s the way I should do it..

2. Carol says

You’ve inspired me to do egg salad today. I love putting curry in too, it’s yummy. I like to add shredded carrots with the curried eggs.

That photo and recipe made my mouth water! I’ve never added curry to egg salad, but you can bet I’m going to give it a try next time. Also interested in the dab of honey – I never think of adding that to a recipe. Really beautiful photo – I want your camera! ;)

If you don’t add salt to this, the honey is abit overwhelming. My camera is just a point and shoot Canon, about the size of a business card. It’s pretty new and pretty darn slick.

I travel to India/Asia about 5 times a year and I have had my fair share of curries for Thailand to Veitnam to India. I enjoy experimenting with ways to bring curry into normal “American” cuisine. Love love your curried egg sandwich idea. A great twist on a classic. Bravo.

5. cookthebooksclub says

This looks like the perfect way to use up those eggs–I love egg salad and curry both–a great combination and sandwich!

I have never had curry – I guess I should get crazy and give it a try. My husband would like this egg salad. Perfect recipe to use up boiled eggs from Easter!

Too late for my leftover Easter eggs, Lea Ann, but I love egg salad sandwiches anytime! Curry powder and ginger would be fabulous additions!