This is an easy lemon cake recipe. After baking let cool, poke the cake full of holes and drizzle with lemon jello. Moist, delicious and easy.
Well you’re going to be seeing more because Santa brought me a beautiful Corvette red KitchenAid Mixer for Christmas. After turning out two miserably failed loaves of bread, I decided to keep my spirits up by making this ridiculously easy cake.
I’ve had this recipe since I was a kid. I’m pretty sure this was a 4-H baking project and can even remember entering this cake into the 4-H fair along with a delicious chocolate cake that I’ll make and share one of these days. I haven’t made this cake for over 20 some years, but you know…it was just as delicious as I remember.
This is super easy if you use a cake mix but even more delicious if you use your favorite cake recipe from scratch. This turns out to be a super moist dessert that never fails to please.
My favorite part of this recipe is the versatility. I’ll explain that part later.
Here’s how easy this is:
- Bake your favorite white cake.
- While the cake is baking, dissolve two small packages of lemon jello in 2 cups very hot water. Stir until dissolved.
- When the cake is done and has cooled, take a toothpick and poke deep holes all over the cake.
- Gently pour the dissolved jello over the cake so that the liquid seeps into the holes and into the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with a thin layer of lemon pudding.
- Top that with whipped cream.
Ok, here’s where the fun comes in. Lots of flavor combinations available, just browse the Jello isle and pick your potion.
How about: Chocolate Delight Cake with Black Cherry Jello, vanilla pudding, topped with whipped cream and top each slice with a cherry…
or Strawberry Delight (white) cake with strawberry Jello, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and topped with a fresh strawberry…
Surely there’s a butterscotch idea hiding somewhere on that shelf…
On this day..
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco for #SundaySupper - 2014
- Lamb Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Green Olives - 2013