One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to actually cook some of those recipes I’ve bookmarked from all of the websites I visit. I promised myself that I would incorporate some of these offerings into my weekly menu and so far I’ve not fallen off the wagon and pretty much stayed the course.
Look at this beautiful Hearts of Palm Salad I found this idea over at Mango and Tomato. Thanks to Olga I was reminded to use up the last of those Hearts of Palm I had in the fridge. This was a delicious and very healthy mid-week lunch for me. The original recipe calls for just a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper, but I made my easy rice wine vinaigrette for this one.
- 1 Cup fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1.2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 hearts of palm, cut lengthwise
- 4 spears asparagus, sauteed in olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Assemble this to be a composed salad that shows off each ingredient. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and salt and pepper or the dressing. In a container with a lid, add the ingredients for the dressing listed above. Shake until well combined and drizzle over salad.
Hearts of Palm Salad … It’s What’s for lunch.