Shrimp and Pasta Recipes, Orange Shrimp with Basil Tangerine Pasta

I’ve been meaning to post this for days now, but it appears I’ve become slammed!  Not sure how it happened so quickly; slammed with work, slammed with entertaining my mom while she’s here; slammed with preparing for the holidays; throw in a few parties and my poor little blog has been swept into the corner.  :-/  I think there’s a lot of you out there that must be a lot more organized than me.   Everyone is baking truck loads of cookies, gallons of Holiday beverages, already testing recipes for Christmas Day, taking pictures of beautifully decorated homes, leisurely photographing pets…I mean c’mon people!

This is a continuation of a post from last Monday. It seems that everything from my kitchen that day had an orange theme.

If I were to answer my own “Just Grilled” questionnaire I would answer the question “Favorite Local Product” with Pappardelle’s Pasta.  Pappardelle’s is a pasta company started right here in Denver specializing in flavored pastas.  I love, love, love their products and their website full of delicious and unique recipes.  Take a look at www.pappardellespasta.com.    So many interesting ideas for sauces  for each of their pasta creations.

There is a store front location near the Cherry Creek shopping area where you can purchase Pappardelle’s year-round.  But, since I seem to be perfectly happy in my little burbs bubble, (I mean we have a Target, a Whole Foods, a liquor store, a pizza place AND NORDSTROM within just a few miles – what else does one need???)  I don’t drive into the city as much as I should.  Instead, I wait until the very last day of our Highlands Ranch farmers market, and buy a trunk full of their pastas to have over the winter.  It’s  so much fun to pull out a package and go to their website for the recipe.  Always delicious and pretty easy.

My last adventure with Pappardelle’s was Orange Shrimp with Basil Tangerine Pasta.  ohmygosh YUM!  This dish is straight from their website.  I made no changes, I can’t take credit for any tweaking or ruining improving the recipe at all.   With all that said, I don’t want to be in trouble with my favorite Denver food vendor, so will just direct you to the website to take a look at the recipe.  Enjoy and while you’re there take a look around.  http://www.pappardellespasta.com/recipes/recipe_basil_tangerine.php

Shrimp and Pasta Recipes…They’re What’s For Dinner

Comments

Lea Ann, I checked, and the new butcher shop is open on New year’s day…

Are you really coming to KC? Any interest in a breakfast, lunch, dinner or just meet for wine??? I am on the far west side of KC, you will be driving by my house (sort of)

I can promise you that you are not the only one who is slammed. Ventured out today for the first time for holiday shopping. I have not made a single baked good or a meal in honor of the holidays. I love looking at everyone’s blog posting about the holidays and I find it inspiring but, I am nowhere as far as our fellow bloggers.

Your pappardelle pasta dish looks really good!

3. vinoluci says

Ah, another Pappardellesaholic, huh? I’ve been using them for years when the only place they sold to the public was at Cherry Creek Farmer’s Market. Once called desperate for something and one of the owners delivered to my home! They are fabulous and this looks great Leaann.

I have been baking cookies for my blog at http://www.vinolucistyle.com; also held an open house yesterday for Vino Luci, my retail biz. Today I have to finish some holiday decorating and then plan to crash. I do bake cookies and breads, make candles and this year made some cranberry liquer but it’s what I give for gifts so a lot of work but I don’t spend much time at the mall; seems a good tradeoff for me; would rather be in the kitchen anyhow.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks for stopping by Barb. I should have known you were a Pappardelle’s fan! I hope you post a recipe for that cranberry liquor. I made Limoncello for gifts for a party yesterday, a big hit

• vinoluci says

I’ll post it as soon as I can; have to wait another couple of days before I strain it and can take proper photos. Fingers crossed. Thinking of doing Limoncello too; had it first time a couple of years ago in North End (like Italy!) of Boston; have loved it ever since!

This is SUCH a gorgeous picture. Well done, my friend, well done.

I LOVE Pappardelle’s Pasta. I ordered five different flavors last year and had so much fun thinking of different sauces/toppings to go with them. I just wish they had a store near me so that I wouldn’t have to pay shipping.

My life is so not together with regards to the holidays at all. I still have many gifts to buy and cookies to bake. Oh well.

I love papparadelle pasta, but we can’t buy it here. I bought some when I traveled to Denver.
    I am way way way behind. There is not one cookie baked. Any I made got eaten already. There is no firm Christmas plan yet alone a dinner choice. Decorations are half up and half on the floor in the hall. I’ve done NO Christmas shopping yet. So there. Feel better. I am, managing to get up posts and I don’t know how, but I think everything else suffers because of it.

BTW, the dish looks great!

6. Wandering Coyote says

This looks so mouthwatering…

Trust me, I am NOT that well organized! I am actually quite scatterbrained and my blog hides it well!

I have a tree up, s few lights on the front of the house and the stockings on the mantle. I baked up a storm today and now am totally wiped, but can’t go to bed for a few hours so I can sleep before work. Think I’ll peruse your blog some more :)

This dish looks absolutley declicious. I am going on over to their website today. I can’t even start decorating until the 21st. or 22nd. when we get back to Lake Lure.

Tangerine, basil pasta . . . are you kidding me?? No wonder you’re hooked on Pappardelle’s pasta! I’m wondering how to add these flavors to a homemade pasta to recreate this lovely dish. (since I’m up here in the sticks) If I get close, it’ll be a great blog post! :D

Like I’ve always said, I think their sauce and topping ideas would work on just plain ol pasta. Lots of good ideas on that website. By the way, getting a Kitchenaid Mixer for X-mas with a pasta attachment. Watch out Pappardelle’s