This flavorful Summer soup recipe is as easy as it is healthy. Try to find true baby carrots for this, as opposed to the packaged peeled mini-carrots. Fresh Lemon Thyme from the garden is a real treat ingredient. Enjoy:
- 4 baby beets, scrubed and halved
- 4 baby carrots, scrubbed, left whole
- ½ sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small summer squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup shredded red chard
- 6 ounces boneless/skinless chicken breast sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme, leaves stripped, stems discarded
- Parmesan Cheese curls for garnish
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil on medium high heat, add chicken slices and saute until browned. Add broth, carrots, beets, onion and garlic. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add squash, thyme leaves and chard, cover and simmer all for another 3 minutes.
- Ladle into a pretty bowl and top with Parmesan curls and a few sprinkles of fresh ground pepper. Serve with a fresh salad and some bread and you've got a delicious meal in a matter of minutes. Serves 2.
If you looking for Summer soup recipes, give this a try.
Fresh Summer Soup …It’s What’s For Dinner