Green Mango Salad. The mangoes in this jalapeno spiced salad are full of vitamin C. Be sure to use firm, underripe fruit: They add an essential tang to the recipe.
Got a couple of mango sitting around on your kitchen counter? Not sure what to do? Try this: pit, peel, sliver, place in a bowl and gently toss with olive oil. Plate and top with diced jalapeno pepper, slivered sweet onions. Dress with a generous amount of ground black pepper, squeeze lime juice over all and sprinkle with salt.
This is a mango salad which is great side dish served with any offerings from the grill. This is healthy and ohmygosh good.
- 2 very large green (unripe) mangoes, peeled and cut into 2-by-1/2-inch batons
- ½ large sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, toss the mangoes, onion and jalapeño with the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
- MAKE AHEAD
- The mango salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
Green Mango Salad … It’s what’s for a Side Dish